Nepal’s Largest Virtual Education Fair declares 2 crores scholarship
The 1st Virtual Edufair-2020 (virtualedufairnepal.com) of its kind, amid the pandemic of COVID -19, has been launched by College Readers aiming to enrich students with a wealth of scholarships ( 2 crores) for their higher education in Grades 11 & 12. The Online Education Fair will kick off from 21st Shrawan and conclude on 10th Bhadra 2077. This fifteen-day virtual fair will provide information about colleges and courses to SEE students waiting for their results.
The ‘virtualedufairnepal.com’, with the initiation of reputed ten-plus-two schools/colleges, includes a virtual tour of the fair participating colleges, interaction with the school/ college representatives, free webinars with experts of various fields, career counseling, online scholarship tests, etc. ‘It also has featured the academic and multi-talent hunt contests through essay writing, poem writing/ recitation, and oratory/ speech contests’, said Mr. Narendra Bahadur Adhikari, one of the organizing committee members and HISSAN Kathmandu Chair.
The SEE result awaiting students are perplexed and uncertain about their further study as they cannot visit and gather information of 10+2 schools/ colleges at the time of pandemic, and even the parents. To spark the light of hope in this dark phase, virtualedufairnepal.com has taken a convincing initiative to host first of its kind, “Education Fair”, which will be unveiled online for students who can have access from their homes. In addition, they can benefit immensely from the virtual tour and have an opportunity to interact directly with school/ college representatives.
Bhawani Prasad Poudel, one of the organizing members and secretary to HISSAN Kathmandu said, “The event will receive an overwhelming response as the visitors will get an opportunity to choose and compare the institutions from one virtual tour.”
“The fair will serve as a bridge between students and the best institutions of the country. This single platform will allow us to weigh facilities and quality of education the institutions have to offer, making it easier to reach a final decision,” said Jeetendra Ghimire, next member of the organizing committee.
The secretary to HISSAN Central Committee and co-ordinator of the fair, Ram HariSiwal, said that fair visiting students will also get career counseling. ‘The fair goes much beyond publicizing ourselves. We are also providing the right counseling through a live webinar to the students to help them choose the right career path though we are marred by the COVID -19 pandemic’, he added. He further said that the association will always work on promoting quality education, eliminating unhealthy competition and providing life skills.
Another member of the edufair, who is also treasurer of HISSAN Kathmandu, Mr. Raj Kumar Acharya urged all college students, guardians, and well-wishers, to participate in the virtual college tour following the health protocols issued by the Government of Nepal. Similarly, Kathmandu HISSAN vice-president Mr. Shiva Prasad Adhikari, who is also a member of virtual edufair requested SEE graduates to grab the most coveted two crores worth scholarship and secure their further studies schedule by visiting the virtual edufair while remaining at home.
The organizers admit that the fifteen-day virtual fair will help students find an institution that provides higher education of their choice. They have requested students to tour along with their parents to the event so that they can jointly make the right decision.
Moreover, this virtualedufairnepal.com not only provides a platform for the sponsors to promote their schools/colleges during the exhibition period of 15 days also it enables them to get responses of prospective students for one complete year unless next edufair begins. The virtual fair participating educational institutions can achieve the following benefits:
• Platform to promote their institution to the targeted SEE graduates— recent pass outs
• Virtual Tour of College (3600) that impacts visitors
• Increase foot traffic on college webpage
• Visible presence of college nationwide and worldwide
• Easy access to all visitors in virtual edufair
• Good opportunity to enter the market with digital media
• Get details of the prospective students
• Get meritorious students to enroll in their college
• Get information of all students who enter their details on our website
• Get connected with the visitors via social media if they agree to it
• Online Entrance Examination
• Pre-admission Form Submission
• FAQ-Frequent Asked Questions
• Live Question Answer Sessions with College Officials
• College Details, Gallery, Videos, Articles, Interviews, Entrance Model Questions, PDF documents, etc
• Webinar Sessions with Experts and Celebrities
• A year virtual presence on the internet without any hassle
• About half a million visitors participate in the virtual fair.
Benefits for the Students
• Virtual Visit facility
• Time Saving
• Live interaction with college officials
• Helpful to maintain health protocol issued by the Government
• Choose the college of choice from home
• Scholarship Opportunity
• Opportunity to attend webinar facilitated by experts and celebrities
• Know to utilize online, digital and virtual platforms
About half a million visitors, including parents, are expected to observe the virtual edufair from their homes. The press-meet will be held on 19th Shrawan, 2077 and the fair will be inaugurated by the HISSAN Central Committee President and NSC Member Secretary, Ramesh Kumar Silwal. The virtual fair aims to promote educational institutions in Nepal and connect schools and colleges with prospective students. The fair is set to have more than 40 reputed schools/colleges participating from Kathmandu Valley and about 80 schools/colleges from beyond the valley.